Weatherization Technician/Installer Class
As Energy Efficiency is becoming a major priority for the DOE (Department of Energy) and Homeowners throughout America. Many are turning to the Weatherization Industry for assistance and training in how to conserve on energy consumption and lower their Utility Bills! Our Technician class will provide you with a refresher in construction math (basic formulas), blueprint reading, and how to analyze a building using a blower door, thermal infrared camera, and other weatherization equipment to make sure it is Healthy and energy efficient! You will learn about wood and masonry construction methods, thermal and moisture protection, and proper sealing and insulation. Our program will utilize and follow the industry recognized *NCCER and DOE Weatherization curriculum.
Benefits of Weatherization Technician/Installers
• Lowering your own electrical bills! (Save Money)
• Improving your job opportunities! (Make Money)
• Become a crew leader! (Make more Money)
• Teach people how to save money! (By changing their every day habits)
• Learn how to Estimate Materials and Labor Costs!
• Save your Boss Money! (Being more efficient)
• Learn how to use a blower door, thermal Infrared camera, and other Weatherization equipment!
*Please note the NCCER CORE and Introduction to Weatherization curriculum are not covered in this program. Students looking to receive an NCCER credential for our Weatherization Technician training who have not received the CORE or Intro to Weatherization credentials are encouraged to seek them in order to complete their Weatherization Technician credential.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the HVAC, Construction, or Weatherization industry or any experienced do it yourself home owner!